Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Feeling Good and Gettin' It Done!

I decided that no matter what my knees think, I'm just going to run.  I've been running for a few weeks and I feel GREAT!  My legs are a little sore, but that's all part of it!  Don't get me wrong, I really don't enjoy running, but I really love the way I feel right after I'm done.  I have more energy and I find myself looking foward to the feeling afterward. 

Those of you that know me know how much I absolutely love to cook.  I would love to own a restaurant (maybe someday, but right now I'm not willing to deal with all the regulations and money to get that started...) and if I could cook with unlimited ingredients every day I would (again, money is the only obstacle.)  The kitchen is my sanctuary.  To me there's nothing like putting together a really good meal, and thankfully I've only had one disaster.  By the way, it's never a good idea to have an entire bottle of wine and then decide you want to make spaghetti.  Things like oregano and cumin can get confused which can result in an odd Mexican/Italian spaghetti sauce.  And lemme tell ya, it really wasn't very good.  Edible (which is surprising) but really not good.  Someday we'll have a house big enough so that I can entertain, but until then I fill my time coming up with new things to make family and friends.  I have my little notebook, and when I get an idea for a new recipe I just jot it down.  Maybe someday I'll publish a cookbook.  That would be cool...So if you ever get bored and want a new idea for supper, check out my sister site http://www.yuminmytum.com/ .  It has lots of recipes.  And if you are apprehensive about cooking, don't be!  Really anybody can cook, I promise!

I've also been more on top of keeping the house clean lately.  For some reason something just started to click and I realized that if I just do it (even when I don't want to) that will leave more time for me to do what I want...which is mainly cooking, reading, and relaxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment