Thursday, March 4, 2010

Excuse Me Life, Could You Please Slow Down?

Sometimes I am very unaware of the fact that the Mr. and I have been married for almost a whole year.  I can't believe it!  Our life together has seriously been in overdrive since we got married.  I'm not complaining, but we are in serious need of a date night.  I am very thankful though for all the wonderful things that God has given us to do.  We are healthy, happy, and busy as ever.  Right now that's not such a bad thing while we can still handle going 100 mph all the time.  Someday things will slow down and I'll look back and be able to say, "yeah, we at least attempted to live it up before we had kids."  For instance this weekend we had a great dinner party with friends and it was just plain fab!  At one point I looked around the room and just realized that even though life is so crazy, it still blows my mind how lucky we are.  We have the best family and friends, hands down (although I know all of you beg to differ)

Just one more thought....
In this time of job/economic uncertainty I am so thankful to have a husband that keeps me grounded and helps me to not worry.  I do really feel like we compliment each other in that area.  I am a hard-core thinker.  Always have been, always will be.  I'm not sure that will ever change.  I think about things waaaayyyyyyyy too much (yes like the car commercial) and he really helps me not be so much of a worrywart.  I am a firm believer in God's plan for our life so I know that whatever happens, it's only part of that plan.  Timothy reminds me all the time that there are some things that are just out of my hands. So for now, I'm really going to attempt to just sit back, and enjoy the ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment