Monday, February 8, 2010

Baby Boom

It seems as though everybody is having a baby.  Lots of my friends are having babies, celebrities are popping them out left and right, and every commercial I see seems to scream "Have Baby Now!"...However, we are bucking the trend I guess.  Sure, seeing my friends with newborns and even holding them tugs at my heartstrings a bit.  But then I realize how much responsibility that is, and I'm not quite sure we're ready for it.  Although I'm pretty sure my hormones have another idea.  On Friday I happened to watch a Baby Story on TLC.  I haven't seen it in a long time, for good reason.  I should have avoided this again like the plague, but I didn't.  Big. Mistake.  I sat there in my PJ's and bawled my eyes out.  Not like an "awwwww that's so cute cry", we're talking "ugly cry with an awww that's so cute smile on my face" It was one of those moments where my husband would have looked at me in horror.  I can honestly say I have no freakin clue what happened!  Sure if I'm honest, I do want a baby...but if I'm realistic, it's just not the right time.  Darn reality!  So until it is the right time, I'll just live vicariously through my friends, knowing that you can always give them back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment