Thursday, November 19, 2009

Busy To The Gazillionth Power

Yes I'm a math teacher...most of you know that.  My post might only make sense to me, but I'm ok with that.  I can't believe how incredibly busy we have been lately.  I started basketball about 4 weeks ago, and this was our first week of games.  I am officially pooped.  Timothy has been working from about 6 am-9 pm every day, and he's pooped.  To top it all off I'm feeling like I might be getting a tad bit sick, so I need my sleep (vitamin C is my best friend this week) I'll be honest, when I get home at 9 I want to brush my teeth and curl up in bed.  I figured that Timothy would be even more eager to go to sleep and be kind of grumpy that late.  But he said something the other night that made me think...He said, "I'm tired but I don't just want to come home, eat dinner and go to bed.  I want to hang out with you for awhile"... Instantly I felt bad.  I want to hang out with him too, but I'm soooooo tired.  So I've been sucking it up this week and we've been staying up until 10.  This was pretty much the sleep schedule I had last year when I was living with my roommates before we got married, so my body is slowly getting used to it.  I hadn't realized how much my body was loving going to bed at 9:00 every night, until now.  In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for quality time with my wonderful husband, even though right now time is limited.  We're making the most of it!

Side note:  Our new dishwasher was installed yesterday.  Our good friend Brooks came over and put that baby in.  I didn't think it was going to be done yesterday so I hadn't taken the time to pick up detergent from Walmart...but as soon as I saw that wonderful white machine in all it's glory, I knew I had to run a load last night!  So I hopped in my car and flew down to the local grocery store to pick up the goods before they closed at 9.  I was floating on air all the way to the cash register and out to my car even though I had just paid $11 for two tiny bottles of Cascade and Jet Dry...I didn't even care!  I got home, loaded my new love up and smiled when I pushed "start"  And I'm thrilled with the results...very quiet, and all the dishes were dry (even the plastic ones) this morning without even opening the door to let them air dry!  As Mr. Deeds would say...I'm in Lub!...with my dishwashing tub!

No comments:

Post a Comment