Friday, December 11, 2009

I Look Forward To...

Here are the things I am looking forward to the most this Christmas:
  1. Hanging with the fam.  This is the first year that I am officially part of 2 families, which can get really crazy but it's so worth it. 
  2. Seeing my besties.  Kristin and Lori will be in town!  Lori and I need "face time"...we get ear time often but sometimes that's just not good enough.  I can't wait to see Kris and have a drink with her.  It's been a long time!
  3. Snuggling with my honey.  Baby it's cold outside!  (side note - this is my all time favorite Christmas song.  All. Time.) I really enjoy snuggling with him on the couch and looking around at all the blessings we have.  All while enjoying some seriously terrible tv.
  4. One word...FOOD!  I absolutely love me some holiday food.  Christmas Eve is my favorite...all the snack food and wine you can handle.  Christmas Day, more traditional but still good.  I have a major lack of self-control over those two days (+ New Year's Eve) but that's nothing January 1st can't fix. 
  5. Getting Christmas cards.  This will be our first year getting Christmas cards sent to Mr. & Mrs.! 
  6. The massive amounts of "1st Christmas Together" ornaments we will receive (I already know of 4. Yes 4.)  2009 has been an amazing year for us.
  7. Christmas break.  Thank the Lord that I will finally have some time to catch up around the house, with no school work to do!
  8. Giving all the great gifts away!!!  That's the best feeling.
  9. The after-Christmas sales.  Although I may have to contain myself this year...trying to save money sucks!
  10.  Hectic relaxation...there is nothing like it in the world.  Two weeks of pure bliss, a whirlwind of seeing family and friends, cooking, wrapping, giving, celebrating, drinking, talking, laughing, loving, cleaning, and sleeping.  I am really looking forward to some serious sleep. 
Sometimes I get caught up in what I want or think I need.  Then I look at this list and realize that I really do have it all!  God has really blessed us, and I love my life!  Bring on the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment