Friday, December 4, 2009

Leggo my Preggo!

I love living in a small town.  I love the fact that I can walk around town by myself without getting anxious.  I love that I can go to the neighbor's house for sugar if I need to (well, I could go to Cana's house...nobody else), I love that I know a lot of people...but I don't love that people think they know your business.  Last night someone congratulated Timothy in the grocery store...it went a little somethin' like this:

Random Person:  I hear congratulations are in order (in that sing-songy voice)
Timothy: For what?...
Random Person: That you and Jessica are expecting.
Timothy: WHAT?!?!...ummmmmm no.
Random Person: Well I heard it from 2 different people.
Timothy: ummmmm no.  I can nip that one in the bud for you right now...we are definitely not pregnant.
Random Person: Well...I'll have to tell those people that they were wrong...

Darn right you will!  Timothy took it better than I did.  He said, "well at least the rumor is that you and I are pregnant, not that you're pregnant by someone else, or someone else is pregnant by me!"  Touche...  But still...I have to admit I was semi-flattered until I got to thinking...do I look big enough to be pregnant?!?!?  Emergency 2010 Diet begins January 2nd people!

1 comment:

  1. This is why no one should ever ask if someone's pregnant. Even if they're in labor, assume it's a ruptered appendix, not another life being brought into the world.

    And no, you do not look pregnant.

    ReplyDelete