Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What I Hope To Learn...

Ever get one of those stupid emails that comes right at that time in your life when you don't want to hear any "advice" from anyone?  It's kind of like going to church and feeling like the sermon is completely directed toward you.  Well...got one of those emails today.  Sometimes I get so wrapped up in worrying about all the things that other people do that I forget to stop and think that most of these are things I cannot control.  So here are some of my favorite things that apparently this person has learned but that I only hope to learn.
  • I've learned- that no matter how much I care, some people just don't care back.
  • I've learned- that no matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.
  • I've learned- that it's not what you have in your life but who you have in your life that counts.
  • I've learned- that either you control your attitude or it controls you.
  • I've learned- that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance. Same goes for true love.
  • I've learned- that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.
  • I've learned- that it's hard to determine where to draw the line between being nice and not hurting people's feelings, and standing up for what you believe.
  • I've learned- that people will forget what you said, and people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
Enough with the sappiness...although these are things I aspire to understand and emulate...Sappy is not what I want to be on a hump day!  So I found a funny version of this email.  (Mildly censored of course)
  • I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in.
  • I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just assholes.
  • I've learned that you can keep puking long after you think you're finished.
  • I've learned that sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you're down will be the ones who do.
  • I've learned that your family won't always be there for you. Of course, if you win the lottery, the hag, the philanderer, the screw-up, the missing one, the asshole and the horse tooth girl will be and will also claim to be your best friend.
Happy Wednesday!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment